Physiotherapy treats chronic pain, injuries, mobility and disability using massage, manipulation, exercises, machinery, and even acupuncture.
Do I need physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy plays a crucial role in helping people cope with and recover from illness and injury. Physiotherapy is used to treat many disorders including musculoskeletal, neurological, or cardiothoracic conditions. Our physiotherapists use exercise, movement analysis, manual therapy and specialist techniques to restore and improve health, in a wide variety of conditions affecting the physical functioning of both adults and children.
The aim is always to restore proper functioning to the body or, in the case of permanent disease or injury, to reduce the impact of any dysfunction.
Treatment may include:
- Manual therapies - such as massage, stretching, manual resistance training, and joint mobilisation and manipulation, including spinal mobilisation
- Electrotherapy techniques - such as ultrasound, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS), laser therapy and diathermy
- Exercise programs - such as posture retraining, muscle strengthening, cardiovascular training and stretching
- Other services - taping and splinting, correcting flawed sporting techniques, and providing information on equipment aids such as wheelchairs and walking frames
Physiotherapy can treat many different disorders including musculoskeletal, neurological or cardiothoracic conditions.
Physiotherapy treatments are provided by The Physio Company at many of our practices, including:
· Barrow Medical
· Celbridge Medical
· Churchtown Medical
· Village Medical Centre, Clondalkin
· Dundrum Medical
· Bellview Clinic, Mullingar
· Navan Road Medical
· Newbridge Medical
· Raheny Medical
· Ranelagh Medical
· Sandyford Medical
· The Plaza Clinic, Swords
· Terenure Medical Centre
To book an appointment, please phone 01 679 9685 or (Locall) 1890 749 746 or email firstname.lastname@example.org