New 6-Week Menopause Group Therapy Programme - €375
Centric Mental Health is facilitating a 6-week Menopause Therapy Support Group in Blackrock Medical, for individuals experiencing menopause and perimenopause who wish to gain support and connect with others in a group setting.
This psychoeducational support group will provide a safe and confidential space for group therapy and discussion, where those experiencing menopause and perimenopause can:
- Share their experiences
- Learn about and understand the impact of menopause and perimenopause on mental health
- Receive support and advice from a mental health professional
- Learn new ways of thinking and coping from both the group facilitator and fellow participants
- Improve symptoms of menopause
- Better understand and come to terms with this stage of life
- Feel less isolated and more connected to others with similar experiences
It is common for individuals going through menopause to experience mental health difficulties, including:
- Low mood
- Lack of motivation
- Mood swings
This is due to a number of reasons, including hormonal changes, stage of life changes, isolation and stigma. Menopause and perimenopause can be a lonely experience for many, and our therapy support group is designed to provide a holistic aid to combat these feelings.
How It Works
- The therapy group will be made up of 8-15 participants and is facilitated by one of our registered and experienced psychotherapists, who will guide the group therapy session and provide specific material and concepts before opening the floor for a group discussion.
- The group will take place in Blackrock Medical one evening a week for 2 hours, for six consecutive weeks.
- The six sessions are structured so that each week leads into the next.