Ultrasound Clinical Specialist, Global Diagnostics
This is an exciting role for a candidate who would like to blend clinical work with management experience, with 25% of their time spent working closely with the Ultrasound Services Manager and the Senior Management Team. The management time would encompass primarily quality management, with exposure and inclusion in new business development. Clinically, the Ultrasound Clinical Specialist role and responsibilities includes production of high-quality images, optimum clinical workflow and adherence to all policies and procedures. The clinical time will be spent primarily at our Navan Road site, however there are opportunities to expand into different areas including MSK ultrasound and training in DDH screening.
Global Diagnostics is currently recruiting for a full time Ultrasound Clinical Specialist
Contract: Full Time Permanent
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-10pm (Flexible working hours to be agreed)
Required experience and qualifications:
• MSc Ultrasound or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years clinical sonography experience with ability to perform all sonographic exam types
• Demonstrated ability to mentor and support staff sonographers
• Demonstrated commitment to professional growth and lifelong learning
• Demonstrated proficiency with computer skills and software programs for documentation activities and report generation
• To be responsible for the production of high quality images in accordance with Global Diagnostics (GD) procedures and protocols To be responsible for the production of high quality images in accordance with Global Diagnostics (GD) procedures and protocols
• To provide a quality service for all our patients by ensuring that every patient is treated as an individual with courtesy, kindness, efficiency, efficacy and confidentiality.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of clinical, technical and radiographic developments in relation to sonography and promote awareness of new developments. Ensure that best practices are implemented.
• Input into quality control and audit procedures and development of policies and protocols as required, in line with the expertise of the individual.
• To maintain accurate patient data entry and management of Global Diagnostics RIS/PACS system.
• To assist in training and induction of new staff as required, ensuring that they are competent to work independently and in line with Global Diagnostics policies and procedures.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of operational policies, protocols and guidelines to ensure optimum utilisation of resources and systematic audit of such usage.
• Support the USM in the implementation of initiatives aimed at on-going service development and improvement.
• Assist in the provision of the preventive maintenance and QA program for ultrasound equipment
• Provide professional support and advice to patients, sonographers, radiographers, radiologists, medical staff, nurses and other allied health professionals.
Please forward CV applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Centric Health is an equal opportunities employer.