The purpose of this role is to provide administrative and reception support to all staff in our Centric Health Medical Practice, and to provide operational support to the Practice Manager.
You will need to have a passion for both Healthcare and the fast-paced culture of a growing company. You will need excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Location: Old Bawn Medical Centric Health, Tallaght, Dublin 24
- Contract: Permanent, Full-Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
- Working Pattern: Monday to Friday
- Proposed Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Organise and book patient appointments
- Meet and greet patients attending the practice
- Maintain GMS patient records and validate medical cards where relevant
- Enter and maintain patient files in the patient administration system
- Collect payment and issue receipts for payments received, where relevant complete end of day reconciliation
- Deal with all patient queries to completion and/or distribute to other team members as required eg: prescription requests, social welfare certs, referral letters, etc
- Answer emails and phones, direct calls as appropriate
- Maintain filing, scanning and all other paperwork on a daily basis
- Complete any ad-hoc projects or additional tasks as requested by the Practice Manager
Support to the Practice Manager in the Operational Management of the Practice:
- Champion the delivery of an excellent patient experience by the Administration team, e.g. keeping patients informed & going the extra mile for the patient
- Assist with providing and monitoring KPI’s in conjunction with the Practice Manager
- Liaise with third party providers offering ancillary services in the practice, and provide assistance and support when required
- Assist with the management of staff rotas, ensuring that sufficient cover is in place to meet business needs.
- Collate and submit a variety of claims, e.g. GMS, Social Welfare, Childhood Vaccines, Maternity etc.
- Act as Admin Team Lead and a main point of contact for supporting the practice in the absence of the Practice Manager, and where relevant, attend meetings in the absence of the Practice Manager.
- Where required, or in the absence of the Practice Manager, provide necessary information to the finance team in the specified timelines, and also ensure bank lodgements are carried out in line with policy
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and telephone skills.
- Highly organised with the ability to deal with several tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work on one's own initiative is essential.
- Friendly and professional manner, and confidence in working with people at all levels in a company.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Flexibility in approach to work.
- Flexibility in availability of work
- Ability to be discreet and act in a confident manner when necessary.
- Ability to learn quickly (systems training will be provided for 1-2 days)
- Computer literate in Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint/ E-mail
Key Skills - What we look for in our employees:
- The ability to remain calm, professional and polite in dealing with our patients and colleagues
- Be professional in your approach to your work
- Be honest and reliable
- Be trustworthy and respectful
- Build and maintain good relationships with all colleagues
- Be willing to take on jobs to balance the team workload
- Aim to communicate well with people at all levels
- Welcome and embrace change, with a positive attitude
Develop yourself and others
- Be motivated to learn and develop
- Support, encourage and motivate others
- Coach, guide and give constructive feedback to others
- Excellent written and spoken English is a requirement for this role
Centric Health is an equal opportunities employer.
If you are would like to know more about this role, or if you would like to submit your CV for review, please email Jessica Reilly at firstname.lastname@example.org